A Verus Market Update webinar was held on Thursday, April 9th at 11:00am (PDT).
The COVID-19 crisis has had a sudden impact on the capital markets, which has been made worse by the recent disruption in the oil market. Now is a good time for investors to take stock of the possible intermediate and long-term implications of these disruptions, as well as to try to assess the possible short-term factors which might cause further market disruption.
On our call, we discussed:
- Recent market moves, their causes and implications
- The continuing progression of the COVID-19 virus
- How much the virus has impacted employment, growth and earnings, and whether that effect is already visible in statistics
- The longer-term portfolio implications that investors may want to consider
- Concerns that we have heard raised during our conversations with investors
You can view the slides or listen to the recording by clicking on the links below.