In the 2022 Private Equity Outlook, we focus attention on the rise of GP-led continuation funds and what investors should consider when evaluating such opportunities. The outlook also addresses the following observations:
- Late-stage venture valuations have increased and involvement of nontraditional investors has shifted
- Private equity deal activity has slowed in the face of rising interest rates and falling public markets
- Venture capital activity has slowed while fundraising remains strong
- Direct lending continues to drive investor interest while distressed debt and special situations credit have received more attention
- As many factors continue to impact the public markets and create volatility, the secondary market continues to grow
We look forward to discussing this research with you.