In the 2020 Private Equity Outlook, we focus attention on General Partner-led (GP-led) secondary transactions that have evolved and are no longer just associated with general partners trying to dispose of lingering assets that have become hard to sell. The outlook also addresses:
- The significant pull back in private equity in 2020
- Our expectations for a decline in both capital calls and distributions from buyout funds likely leading to negative net cash flows for the coming quarters
- Headwinds for perspective IPO’s
- Impacts from Covid-19 on many portfolios
- Our view on how the secondary market is very different than it was during the last economic downturn
We look forward to discussing this research with you.