In the 2019 Private Equity Outlook, we focus attention on the impacts of recent trends of venture backed companies remaining private longer, as investors increase emphasis on growth. The outlook also addresses:
- Continued strong deal flow in 2018, surpassing the all-time high record of 2017
- Another strong year for M&A activity by strategic buyers in response to slowing global growth to shore up profit margins
- Europe’s continued deployment into new investments to surpass exits by almost 2x, despite the uncertainty of political policies
- Persistent excess returns above public markets and borrower-friendly leveraged financing driving more capital into the private markets, however investors are gravitating towards larger fund managers with longer track records
- The continued evolution of secondary markets encompassing increasingly complex transactions
We look forward to discussing this research with you.